About Me – Mr. McGuire

Hello!  I am the new principal of St. Anthony School.  I am very excited to be coming to the St. Anthony community.  I have heard so many great things about this area and i can’t wait to get to know the neighbourhood better.

A little about me.  I was principal at St. Gregory School for just over 3 years.  Before that, I was a part-time vice-principal at St. Leonard School.  I was a vice-principal at Frank Ryan School for 4 years prior to my stay at St. Leonard.

Before these schools, I worked in special education, guidance counselling, alternative education and history at a number of high schools here in Ottawa and Brampton.

I am married and have 3 wonderful children who were all raised here in Ottawa.  I love to swim, bike and read – when I have the time!  I have a real interest in social media and I use Twitter on a daily basis (@mcguirp).  I have found that parents really like using a variety of communication tools, so we will be using our web site (Google Sites), Twitter (@StAnthonyOCSB) and Facebook .  All the links for these sites will be posted on the main page of our web page.  This blog will be my main way of keeping in contact with you.  Of course, I can always be reached by phone by calling our school number 613-235-0340.